Friday, June 10, 2011

House guests

Last week, I noticed that there were some leaves in our pot of mint on our back deck. The next morning, I sat at our breakfast room table, eating breakfast and trying to focus on reading my Bible, but I could not take my eyes off of the deck. These two Carolina wrens were working constantly to build a nest in our mint, and I was totally struck. Perhaps it's the long legacy of bird-loving that my family has passed to me. Perhaps it's my reading of Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts that has me more aware. But I was filled to the brim with joy at watching these birds build a home for their family.



I've been trying to stay away so as not to scare them off, but 2 days ago, I peeked in and saw some little eggs in the nest. I am so thrilled and loving our newest house guests.


...and aren't they just the cutest little birds you ever saw? :)

1 comment:

  1. Just bought that book. Haven't started it yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete