Sunday, June 8, 2014

kindergarten complete


 
 
 As you can see, this is a book Ryan wrote back in January about school.  Ever since Christmas break, they've had to write one book a week, and then they invited the parents to come in for a breakfast a few weeks ago, and our children shared their books with us.  It was really neat, and I loved reading what Ryan has written and seeing how his writing has improved the last few months.  It also warms my heart to see how much of his writing has to do with our family.  In any case, I thought that was a fitting one to share this week.

Ryan finished kindergarten on Friday.  I cried.  He did this:

 But then he tells me every day that he's sad school is over because he won't get to see his teacher anymore.  Have I mentioned that he had the most wonderful kindergarten teacher imagineable?

 Ryan adores her, as do we.  She made this year such a positive experience for Ryan and for us as first time grade school parents.  I felt completely confident sending my baby to her every day.  SO thankful.

Here's the official final day of school photo:

And the first to last day comparison.  The camera angle was different, so he hasn't grown quite as much as it appears, but still... can you just tell how much confidence he gained?

 I'm looking forward to a packed summer with all three of my boys at home.  Before I know it, he'll be starting 1st grade.  Crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment